HEART-WARMING KALE SOUP
After all the delicious naughty chocolate desserts I’ve posted, back to some healthy heart-warming soup.
The weather has turned from a lovely 25ºC during the Easter holidays, to gail force winds and a merely 16ºC, which was a great day to use up all the kale I had still left, and make it into a fabulous soup.
This is soup and main meal in one if you want to.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 6 people
Fat: 7 g – 11%
Saturated: 5 g – 27%
Carbs: 22 g – 7%
Sugar: 6 g
Fiber: 5 g – 20%
Protein: 6 g – 11%
- 2 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 g kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can cannellini beans or any other white beans
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 6 vegetable stock cubes (gluten-free)
- 2 l water
- Heat the oil in a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water, vegetable stock, tomatoes, potatoes, beans and Italian seasoning.
- Bring the soup to the boil and lower heat.
- Simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can put more or different vegetables in it, depending your taste.
- You can also put the soup in a blender, to have a smooth texture.